Sunday, June 19, 2016

REST AWHILE AND BE THANKFUL AND COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

THE COMMEMORATIVE TEXT FOR THIS RESTING PLACE IS
    "REST AWHILE AND BE THANKFUL AND COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS"
I got an email this morning and I would like to put my support behind saving these beautiful trees. I'm aware that someone paid for and installed that seat for people to rest on in the shade half way up the steep section of Bald Hill Road. The trees provide shelter all and provide crucial habitat for the lovely native animals such as birds, possums and insects. Removing the trees would be an unnecessary act of environmental vandalism.


Any idea what species they are as I believe some may well be critical habitat for numerous animal species?

I have also sent an alert to a group of eminent and passionate local naturalists who are also involved the the "Friends of Trevallyn"  a volunteer group who undertake valuable work in Trevallyn in local reserves and in association with the local primary school.

I trust that local outrage will snowball to prevent their removal

Cheers
Concerned Citizen


BTW: The trees are approximately 50+ year old  Eucalyptus viminalis – Manner Gums ... great habitat trees

No comments:

Post a Comment